Saturday, May 17, 2008

Very Different Banana Cake

This is not your typical banana cake. It is mostly bananas, and very dense and moist. Not "cakey" at all. This recipe has been in my family for generations, and is one of the simplest things to make. EVER.

It's a great way to use bananas that have turned black, as they are the sweetest and perfect for this cake.


4 or 5 bananas, very ripe
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk (can be non-dairy, I've used almond with great results)
2 heaping tablespoons sugar (I use brown)
2 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon flour (whole wheat works too)
2 tablespoons oil (I use canola)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Chocolate chips (optional, but very yummy!)


Preheat the oven to 375ºF and spray a pie mold with nonstick cooking spray.
Place all ingredients, except chocolate chips, if using, in a blender. Blend until smooth.
Pour mixture into greased pan and sprinkle on chocolate chips, if using.
Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.

***This can be served warm or cold. Both are equally delicious!***

I haven't taken any pictures of the ones I've made, but I will next time and upload it.

No comments: