Saturday, April 24, 2010

Spinach Pie & Pineapple Dessert

A friend's mom makes this and I love it so much that I decided to give it a try. I used:

1 sheet Pepperidge Farm phyllo
2 boxes of frozen chopped spinach
1 small onion, chopped
6 oz. crumbled reduced-fat feta
2 eggs (as binder)
Salt
Oregano

I mixed all the ingredients in a bowl, poured them into a greased pyrex mold, topped it with the phyllo and egg wash and baked it at 400ºF for 15-20 minutes. So gooooood!!! I did overestimate the saltiness of the feta, though. I will add more salt to the mix next time I make it.


I had leftover phyllo so I cut up some pineapple, put it in a ramekin and topped it with the phyllo, some egg wash and maple sugar. It came out sooo good! Next time I'll sprinkle the pineapple with some flour or arrowroot so the juice that comes out of it makes a sauce.



No comments: